Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Opening of Classes - Bookstores' Party Time

It's school time once again.  School year 2010-2011 officially started one week ago but for some it started one week earlier.  No wonder bookstores nowadays are packed with parents and students looking for supplies needed at school.  It's bookstore's party time.


I have two kids who are going to school this year so I was not spared from all the hassles of buying these school supplies.  Books and notebooks were already purchased from the school but there are other school supplies required which were only advised on the first day of school.  Bond papers, cartolina, art papers, crayons, water colors, pencils, brush, construction paper, felt paper.......haaaay.... and the list goes on.  I don't even know some of the materials listed on my children's diary.

The nearest store where I can buy these supplies is the National Bookstore.  Aside from being near my office, National Bookstore is a one-stop shop for all school and office needs.

I went to the National Bookstore after office hours and it was a very tiring experience.  There are many people inside the store.... finding what you need was very difficult because the displays are already out of place...., the sales assistants are hard to find as they are also busy placing displays in order and entertaining questions from customers..., the queue at the cashier's counters were very long.... it was not really a good time to visit the bookstore.  If not for my children's class requirement, I would have just walked out of the bookstore and just return some other days when the buying madness of school supplies is over.  How I wish the school had given the list of school supplies requirement during enrollment so we could have bought the supplies earlier.  Next year I'll try to ask for the list earlier so I won't have to go through all of these once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment