Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Eggplant and Camote Tops with Panbroiled fish

Yesterday I was so engrossed with cleaning our bedroom cabinet that it was already lunch time and there's only steamed rice prepared for lunch.

I checked the freezer and there's only two slices of tanigi (Spanish Mackerel) left and a few slices of pork.  I decided to cook the fish because it is easier and faster to prepare.

Without any seasoning, I pan broiled the fish for just a few minutes.  In a separate pan, I boiled a small amount of water then I added tomatoes, onion, eggplant and the pan broiled fish.  I seasoned it with salt and a little fish sauce before covering the pan.  After a few minutes, the eggplant was done so I added the camote tops after removing the pan from heat.  This way, the camote tops won't be overcooked.

The pan broiled fish

Eggplant and Camote Tops with pan broiled fish

This dish was usually cooked by my mother when I was young except that she don't broil the fish.  Other vegetables can be used such as ampalaya (bitter gourd), malunggay, pechay or other green and leafy vegetables.


In less than 15 minutes I have prepared a simple yet nutritious dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment