Since last year, my husband and I have been doing some thought of me going to be a stay at home mom (SAHM). Actually, it was my idea and I discussed it with him so we can carefully study the pros and cons of my being a SAHM.
Here are the top 5 reasons I presented to my husband why I wanted to become a stay at home mom:
1. I want to personally attend to all our family needs.
- I want to plan and prepare healthy food for my family, assist my children on their lessons and assignments, bring and fetch them to school, make our house clean, organized and suitable for our family’s activities, take care of our personal belongings and most of all, just be there for them whenever they need me.
2. I want to have control of my time.
- I want to have full control of my time ... not to be restricted by an 8 to 5 job. I want to be flexible with my time with no one telling me when to work or when to rest.
3. I want to have a time for myself to do daily exercise routine for me to be healthy and fit.
- This year I turned 40 years old. Thanks God. Reaching this age is a blessing but it is also pay back time to all the abuse I did to my body when I was younger ... eating unhealthy foods, physical inactivity ... the result? ... obesity, high blood pressure and so on ... I need to do something now and that can only be realized if I'm not always in a hurry to go to work which also means less stress.
4. I want to pursue my interests which I love and enjoy doing.
- I am a homebody type of person. I can stay at home for days and do things I love and enjoy ... needle works, gardening, housekeeping, on-line stock trading and the latest ... blogging.
5. I'm so tired of travelling to and from work.
- Our office is in Alabang and I'm residing in Taguig. I'm taking the public transportation and there's no direct route from our home going to the office so I have to take three (3) jeepney rides and one (1) tricycle ride ... it takes me one and a half to two hours (one way) travel to reach our office on time. Taking the public transportation here in Metro Manila is really horrible that I'm more stressed commuting than doing my job for 8 hours.
Right now, I'm just finishing one project I am assigned to and next year, hopefully I can start being a stay at home mom. I'm excited and at the same time a little anxious because financially, we will be living in a single income but I believe that with proper budgeting, living a simple life and God's guidance, I can make it ... we can make it.