Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Overtime Work – Just what I love in the Past


Our project is at its peak from this month up to March next year.   A lot of construction drawings are needed to be submitted.  We've got a crazy schedule ahead of us. It’s good that we have a lot of young engineers here who are willing to work overtime so we can submit on time.
I remember when I was their age, I really love rendering overtime work.  Whenever my supervisor informs us that we need to work additional hours, it sounds like music to my ears.   Additional hours mean additional pay and who don’t want additional pay?  Of course, not me. 
I was only starting to earn a living then with my younger sibling depending on me so I really love overtime work because financially, it was a big help.  Aside from the monetary reward of working overtime, I also enjoy working with my officemates who became my friends and one of them became my husband (sometimes having an inspiration at the office boosts up your energy level).   It seems that I have all the energy needed to do all those works.  I remember working for 12 to 15 hours a day, on holidays and weekends.
I think being young, single and having the drive to earn more was the primary factors why I loved working overtime then.  These went on for years and eventually I got tired of it.  It’s the physical factor that early gave in and of course I have now my family to attend to.
Nowadays, I still work overtime but only in cases when it is deemed necessary.   I have different priorities now and if there are any other options aside from working overtime, I would be glad to take that option.  

No comments:

Post a Comment