Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

I Will be a WAHM/SAHM Soon

After almost two years of planning, finally, my dream of becoming a Work/Stay-at-home-Mom will come true.  I have the best reasons why I want to be a work/stay-at-home-mom but it’s hard to just quit and say good bye to the corporate world.  There are a lot of things to consider and preparations to make so it took me years to realize this dream.    

I submitted my resignation letter last Friday and I’m happy that our department manager took it well. Well, he’s already expecting it because I have already told him of my plan since last year.

It’s more than six months since I verbally informed our department manager of my plan to resign and thankfully he’s really nice and understanding.  All he asked of me is to just finish the project I’m involved with so I gave him my word that I won’t resign until the project is finished.

Now, the project is 99% complete and in a few weeks time, it will be 100% complete which is just in time for the 30-day notice period policy of our company.  It really feels great to leave a company with a good exit record, I had been with this company for more than eight (8) years and they have given me a lot of opportunities to grow not only with my career but most especially financially.  This company may not be the perfect company (which I think doesn’t exist) but it’s just fair that I will give them the respect that they deserve by exiting properly and not leaving any project unfinished.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It is difficult to be a W/SAHM but it is totally worth it. I am sure you will enjoy every moment of it and will treasure it in your heart and keep it forever. Totally satisfying! God bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats and good luck on being a stay at home mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to work when I was still in Pinas but when I came here, I started loving being a stay at home Mom. It's good for the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks mommies for the nice words, it really inspires me more to be a stay at home mom.

    ReplyDelete