Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

It's Time to Prioritize

Yesterday was my first day at home without a house helper.  It was also the first day of school and work after the four day holiday.  Preparing my eldest daughter for school was not really that hard because she is already responsible for herself, she just needs a little reminder to move faster otherwise she will be late for school.  Hubby is a great help because he did some cleaning before getting himself ready for work.

After my husband and daughter left, I was left with CJ whose nursery class is still scheduled in the late morning.  There are still a lot of household works to be done ... dishes to clean, clothes to wash and iron, cook food for our lunch, prepare and bring CJ to school and fetch him after two hours, after a few hours fetch again my daughter and so on and so forth.  There's just a lot of things to do at home and it seems that the whole day is not enough to finish all these tasks.  I was so overwhelmed with all the chores I want to be done that at the end of the day, I felt so tired.

Looking back at what I did yesterday, I think I need to prioritize things and not to try to multi-task.  Trying to do things at the same time usually results in low quality output and stresses me more at the same time.  To simplify my life I have to identify which chores are needed to be done first before going on to the next chore or maybe much better to rest first before going on to the next chore.  I really don't have to finish all these things in one day ... even my husband tells me so.

No comments:

Post a Comment