Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Me and my temper

My temper beat me again today.  Damn, I really hate it when I loose control of my temper...I tend to do foolish things or speak words which I regret later. 

My 8 year old daughter really tested my patience today and I was not able to control my temper.

Early this morning she had her tantrums and she really wanted to get her way.  I just let go of her behavior this morning and we went to the mall to watch Toy Story 3 and bought some grocery items before going home.  At the grocery store she again had her tantrums when we did not gave in to what she wanted.  Right there and then I wanted to shout at her but there are lots of people and I don't want to make a scene and embarrass her in front of many people.

I was really irritated by her behavior that when we were inside the car, I just flared up and shouted at her and called her names.  It's good that my husband had maintained his "cool mode" and asked me to stop.  I returned to my senses and stopped.

Haaaay, it's really hard to discipline children..... lots and lots of patience is needed and it's really a big challenge for me.  Children will always be children with all their tantrums and I hope next time I will have the much needed self discipline, to control my temper so I can deal with their behavior without resorting to spanking or shouting.

No comments:

Post a Comment