Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Freshly Squeezed Calamansi Juice for a Hot 11-11-11 Day

For those who are superstitious or those who are fond of lucky numbers, today may be a special day but for most people just like me, today is just an ordinary day which just happened to have a rare calendar date and that is 11-11-11.

Here is the Philippines specifically here in Metro Manila, the weather is hot.  I fetched my son at school at 11 o'clock in the morning and whooo ... it's so hot.  I just can't stop perspiring.

For a hot day like this, I love to have an ice cold freshly squeezed calamansi juice ... so healthy and so refreshing.


Calamansi is a small citrus fruit which is abundant here in the Philippines and is very rich in vitamin C.  To neutralize the sour taste of calamasi juice, I add muscovado sugar instead of refined sugar because muscovado sugar is more nutritious compared to other sugar, it has a strong flavor of molasses though but once you are used to it, it's not really that bad.  I also added a teaspoon of honey to this mixture and the children are starting to love this.

For a hot day like this, it's really great to just sit and relax and sip this ice cold freshly squeezed calamansi juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment